Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Passion, Freedom, & Full Self-Expression

These are the three principals by which I have decided to live my life. With that in mind, I have taken a leap of faith and am excited, scared, enthusiastic, and exuberant about! I have been all around the world trying to figure out where my life is heading. I have prayed, meditatied, reasoned, and therapied myself to death to get clarity about my path, purpose, and potential.

I will be working on the transformation of my community and living my dreams. How is that different than before. In some ways not at all, but in others, tremendously. I worked with Junior Achievemen for the past few months and learned a ridiculous amount about what it takes to run a successful and effective not for profit organization.

Moreover, they have provided the missing link in an intiative I have wanted to launch since 2006. Come July 18th I will be working full-time on the behalf of youth in the Chicagoland area with plans to affect the entire nation!

The Transformed Teens program (www.transformedteens.com) is ground-breaking and inspirational. I will be soliciting the support of each and every individual I know to take part in the transformation of our youth into positive powerful achievers. Words cannot adequately expression the joy with which I take on this massive endeavour. I know it will be hard. I know that teens are "special" but I also know that I love each and every one of them b/c the represent unlimited possibility that just needs to be coached and nurtured into existence.

We will be a well-funded organization with a staff of responsible dedicated people working as a community for our youth.

I am finally moving into my own place! As much as I have enjoyed my roommate, full of surprises and and all around great guy, I miss my stuff and feeling truly "at home." It's been quite awhile since I've had that feeling even before I moved I felt I was in a very temporary situation. I think since about 2003 actually. It also happens to be the last time I was in a real relationship, think there is any correlation?

I guess we'll see b/c I plan to enjoy the rest of this summer raising money, making connections, and yes I plan to have a summer romance. It may just be a fling, but sometimes that is just what you need to get the ball rolling again!


No comments: