Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Love?

I just left a meeting with a new business partner, and after business we got a little personal. She shared with me how she has found the "love of her life." I am really happy for her, but it just makes me think about this whole love thing. I really used to believe I would find love, or that it would find me, but at this point I just don't know. Maybe I am unrealistic, like some of my friends say, but if the "reality" is having a relationship like most of the ones I see out here, I'll stay single.

I would really like to meet someone who is happy with their partner. Someone who feels fulfilled and cherishes. Someone who is getting their needs met and is happy that they took the plunge. Instead I see resignation and acceptance. This sense of there is no other choice. I haven't settled for anything in mylife, but maybe it's the only option.

I swear I found love before, but it didn't prevail. Instead reason and responsibility seemed to be the order of business. I suppose I should keep the fast, but right about now, it's just depressing.

No comments: