Monday, November 13, 2006

Romance is not dead.

I am happy to say I just heard about one of the most original and romantic proposals ever!  A young soror from my iniation chapter (Lamda Omega @ Duke University) got engaged this past weekend to her long-time boyfriend.  The story follows:



The Story:

Since I live in VA, Brandon and I take turns taking the bus back and

forth. My mom was in NYC for business so I was the one to make the

trip this weekend. As the bus was entering the city I got a text

message from an "anonymous" friend who said that my "boyfriend is

history" and cannot pick me up. However, there will be a black lincoln

towne car waiting for me when I arrive with a gift in the back seat.

It also said I was supposed to have the driver take me to the hotel my

mom was staying at to drop off my stuff. I found the towne car and in

the back seat was Brandon's "Will," which said that I could have all

that is his now and in the future if I agree to love him

unconditionally forever. When the car got to the hotel I went to my

mom's room to drop off my stuff and change quickly. She gave me

another gift and started crying. It was the St. Louis arch (Brandon is

from STL) but when viewed upside down its a "U." I was then taken to

one of his prophytes law firm where I received another gift. It was a

statue of the Virgin "Mary." The last stop was Central Park where

Brandon was waiting for me with a rose (the "Me"). He told the car to

wait and we walked into the park where he proposed by a huge fountain.

I can only say it brought tears to my eyes.  I often lament the lack of thought and consideration of men and here someone just goes and blows me away.  I wish them the best of luck and will use this incident to stay hopeful that someday I'll find someone who thinks enough of me to do something as sweet!


powered by performancing firefox

No comments: