Monday, October 09, 2006

Dancing Machine!

I love to dance. I don't claim to be super talented at it, but I love to do it nonetheless. When I am out there I really feel the music and get caught up in the moment. Dancing is one of the few times, my mind is totally empty of all the responsibilities and thoughts that generally cloud my mind. I honestly cannot see myself with a man who will not dance with me. Mostly b/c he will not appreciate me going out to clubs all the time without him so that I can get my dance on. If I go too long without, I actually get depressed.

What really sucks is that as much as I like it, I can only really dance to good music. Back in the day before I realized how powerful words were, I could ignore lyrics and get really caught up in the beat and music. Now I can't even let go if the lyrics are crap b/c I don't want that negativity in my universe. So being here in Detroit, what can sometimes be an entertainment wasteland for someone with my tastes, I often feel starved for musical and dance satisfaction. This of course is why I am opening up my own lounge. Most people open clubs in order to make money. In fact, if they don't understand that they are in the business of selling drinks they will probably go out of business. My spot is selling a lifestyle. It is a secondary venture that I am doing purely for recreational reasons. I am totally committed to only have music and events that I can stomach. There will be no negativity in my space.

I just submitted my application to win a trip for two to LA for the final of Dancing With the Starts. One of my best friends Autwan (fellow dance lover) is my partner. Hopefully we are selected to be one of the top 16 couples to tryout on Tuesday, but either way I am glad we put our hat in the the competition. Too many times people don't even try, you never know what could happen. I could use a 3 day 2 night trip to LA right about now. A sistah needs a VACATION!!!!

No comments: