Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Dating Amnesia

I think I have forgotten how to date. Really, its been so long I'm worried I might not remember what to do or how to act. I swear there is another side to me that's not all work, but its been so long since she came out to play I fear she may be lost. I want to remember how to let my hair down and just be...

I don't feel like its my fault, its not like I haven't wanted to go out over the past few months/years, but I just haven't met anyone I want to go out with. I get plenty of offers, from all sorts of characters. Characters is the operative word here.

If somehow I could convince myself that a sloppily dressed, fuzzy-haired, wanna be gangsta, or generally dirty looking man was somehow desirable I could go out all the time. They love to pull up next to me in my cute little jeep and ask me for my number. I was at the mall last weekend and a good number, hissed, hooted, and beckoned for me to come over. I am wondering what happened to the concept of a man coming over to ask you "Excuse me miss, what's your name?" When did it become the expectation for me to scamper over to you b/c you look at me and make a PSST sound?

I know I am not crazy, and I'm good with my attitude "weeding out the assholes" but can they all really be asses? So I have an opportunity to test my skills and I'm off to a different environment, hopefully to meet new people and be in a place where there are people with ambition, intelligence, respect for women, and a appreciation of a superstar like myself. I just have to be honest and say I am little scared.

I may have forgotten how to be a good date? I guess we'll see.

No comments: