Sunday, January 07, 2007

Every Girl Needs a Daddy!

AfroerotiK: Who's Your Daddy?


As I get older and wiser I see how much of a blessing it was to have a Daddy. A real Daddy, a shonuff take you sledding, to the thanksgiving parade, teach you to change a tire/oil/brake pads, always bring you a gift on Valentines/Sweetest/Birthday, pick you up from Nursery School, even a a grown-ass woman always have your back, Daddy. I used to think everyone got it, and I finally understand that the sad fact is that the majority of Black folks didn't have it. This does explain why its so hard for me to find a man to treat me like a queen b/c most of them never saw their Dad treat their Mom that way. I get how these guys just walk away from their kids, b/c their Father's dipped on them. I see why soooo many of my sistahs let me treat them like crap, b/c they have never been the apple of their Daddy's eye and don't know to expect/demand more.

On the flip side, I guess I'm spoiled b/c I can't settle for anything less. No I don't need a man to buy me expensive stuff and "take care" of me financially, but he does have to dote on me, take me dancing, remember the "special" days and generally worship the ground I walk on. The really good thing for him is that I am willing and really want to do the same if not more in return.

My Daddy was so fabulous that when my Mom got sick w/ MS and b/c an invalid he stuck by her side and cared for her until we were forced to put her in a nursing home. To this day he gets tears in his eyes thinking about his true love.

I need man to love me that way and treat my children with the kind of love I have received. I can't have it any other way, but damn if I'm not have a tough time finding the man who will step up.

No comments: