Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Friends

I've got this friend, we'll call her "Belle"
Known her for years, longer than I'll tell

She's always been special, its part of her charm
We'd laugh at her antics, but were never alarmed

At our last reunion, the vibe was new
She was being extreme, acting a fool

I reached my limit, and we fell out
I wasn't wrong, she should watch her mouth

I love my friend, but she worries me so
Makes unwise choices, picks the wrong road

Do I call to say something, put things right
Say that I'm sorry, we even had the fight?

When is enough enough, where is the line
Do I call her on the bullshit, is it finally time?

Will serve any good, what will it change?
she's a grown woman, even if she's insane.

I know I've changed, my patience is short
I don't have time for foolishness, of any sort

I'm not petty or bougie, ghetto or wild
I'm very down to earth, but have my own style

We all have to grow up, and take charge of our lives
Don't blame mommy or daddy, our husbands or wives

Make a move, take a chance, develop a plan
If you don't do a thing, you'll remain where you stand

Relationships run their course, maybe this is done
Perhaps its a brief parting, or setting of the sun

Only time will tell, I'll let the spirit be my guide
Should I let it all out, or keep it inside?

I hope we can recover, its been a good run
Good friends are hard to find, I don't want to lose one.

No comments: