Saturday, February 03, 2007

How to catch a man

I swear if I hear another story about a seemingly intelligent, educated, well-spoken black man becoming a reluctant Baby Daddy to some hoochie I am going to hurt someone. It seems though this is the only way to catch one of them though. I would like to hear more about loving relationships turing into marriages and planned families, but instead all I get is, OOPS.

From what I can tell the way to catch a man is to just get pregnant and hound him into a relationship based on guilt or some sense of responsibility. Or you can pretty much count on being alone and/or childless.

I know some many educated, sweet, attractive, women who would love to be married, take care of their husband & children and build a great life together, but can't find anyone to do that with. I bet though if they stopped demanding guys use protection, stopped trying to build a trusting mutual beneficial relationship, and got knocked up, they would snag a dude.

Sounds pretty Machiavellian right, but I just realized that, that's the game everyone else is playing. We've been trying to be nice and play by the rules and we're losing, big time. Here's the thing, you also open yourself up to disease and tons of other bull shit, but no system is perfect right?


Yeah, I can't even put this out here seriously, but I really am frustrated. It just doesn't seem to pay to be ambitious, self-respecting, and responsible.

No comments: