Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Howling in the theatre

I took a little trip to the movies tonight and saw "Daddy's Little Girls." I strongly suggest every single professional black woman go see this and be prepared to laugh until you cry. I swear it was hilarious on so many levels. Now I don't want to spoil it for anyone (so stop reading if you haven't seen it), but I felt like someone was sitting in on my many many many conversations with my girls and decided to write a movie.

My favorite comment had to be when the G Union character "Julia" was on the phone with her girls lamenting the randomness of men. She was like "If I see another man over the age of 30 in a throwback jersey, i'm going to scream." I swear my girls and I have had many a conversation about this very topic.

Then the famous date scene with the cat in the shiny blue suit with the wack game, had me rolling as well. I swear I have been on that date. You are just like "NO this can't be happening to me. No one can be this ridiculous!"

For real though, I don't think I'm as uptight as this character (but who knows how others see me) but (okay side bar, is this movie "Black Snake Moan" with Christina Ricci and Samuel Jackson for real? WHATEVER) but I truly identified with her. I don't know if I could have gotten past the three kids, Baby Mama Drama, and other "surprises" to see the good man there, but I will say to all my 6-figure earning, ultra-educated, yet single and no prospect having amigas, KEEP HOPE ALIVE!

The movie is funny, laugh out loud in the theatre, stomp your feet, and have tears rolling down your face funny, especially if you don't mind laughing at yourself a little bit.

(Okay and why is this "College Hill" mess on BET so random? Maybe I'm getting old, but I can't take the Real World anymore.)

No comments: