Friday, March 16, 2007

The New Woman

I don't buy the bullshit that the mother has to "stay at home," or not work, in order to raise good children b/c for most of our history, black women weren't even given that as an option and plenty of "good children" were raised back in the day. For those who were "at home" they had a cottage industry business like doing other people's laundry. Most black women have always had to work.

With that said, I resent criticism of educated women who are financially independent and single by "choice" as emasculating or man-hating. Let me tell you what has changed about the "new woman." She is "choosing" to be single rather than settle for a "piece" of a man. The Temptations' song "Papa Was a Rolling Stone" speaks to the mindset of many men that they should have their pick of where to lay their hat, and that many women just accepted it. You should not be mad at me for no longer allowing you to disrespect me by being openly unfaithful and trying to curl up in my bed when and if you feel like it. You have emasculated yourselves by walking out on your families, failing to keep your commitment to your wives, and being generally irresponsible. We have finally decided to stop taking up with these little boys in men's bodies.

So when we say "I don't need a man?" The full statement is this, "I don't need man who is disrespectful, irresponsible, immature, selfish, inconsiderate, whorish, lazy, jealous, or abusive." or "I don't need a man who refuses to treat me like a human being with emotional needs, will not make-love to me, only wants to fuck me" or even"I don't need a man gives me money when what I really want is love and intimacy." "I don't need a man to validate me or make me feel like a woman!"

I have yet to meet an educated black woman who, if given the opportunity would not jump, leap, or sprint at the chance to be in a relationship where she feels loved, honored, cherished, stimulated, respected, and valued. Everyone I know would love to cater to her man, and inspire him to be the best he can be. She wants to support him and make him happy, but not at her own expense. The "new" woman understands that her value as a person is not tied to whether or not she has a "man" or has "children." She allows herself to be happy with herself even if here vagina is not being filled by a dick on a consistent basis or if she hasn't popped out a child. She knows her significant contributions to the world can be more than cooking meals, cleaning houses, sewing clothes, birthing babies, and being a penis receptacle (I however, am not saying there is anything wrong with being a homemaker and/or stay at home mom or wanting pleasing your man sexually). She does not think that to be a "good woman" she has to sacrifice her happiness for her husband and children.

If you want be with this woman, she demands she get more than her basic needs met. No you can't keep her happy her by keeping a roof over her head, clothes on her back, food on the table, or by fucking her every so often. Beyond that, nowadays, most guys aren't even willing to provide the basics so you can be a stay at home mom or homemaker. I've heard it a million times, " I ain't taking care of nobody." In addition, they don't even know how to please a woman in bed. They honestly thing that just b/c they have a big dick they can satisfy you. Lol, please you can get a woman happy sexually with no dick if you're talented enough with your hands, mouth, and purchase a few "accessories."

I'm confused what exactly are these guys think they bring to the relationship and why they think anyone would want to be with them? These same guys seem to expect her to not only go out and work and contribute to the household financially, she should also cook, clean, have babies, stay in shape, fuck on demand, and be happy about it too. Why exactly should we be jumping at the chance to be in a relationship? Does that sound fun to you?

So its not that we don't need men. Everyone wants companionship. Human beings need love, intimacy, and yes sex! But that's not what we are being offered. We are being offered a little cash and a penis. Well I have a job which provides me with plenty of cash, and I can buy a penis. I in fact I can get a penis that vibrates, rotates, pulsates, and will never ever cheat on me! What I cannot buy is a cuddle-buddy, a travel partner, a debate partner, a comforting hug, a loving caress, an encouraging word, a listening ear, or a friend.

Don't complain that there are no good women when what you really mean is you can't find a woman willing to let you walk all over her. Don't call all black women attitudinal, gold-diggers, or unfaithful when all you are offering is money or dick. What you expect? If all you did catch a woman is spend money on her, are you really surprised when all she does is ask you for money or leaves you when someone with even more money throws it her way? If some woman stays with you just b/c you can fuck well, why are you surprised if she has multiple partners or leaves for a man with a bigger dick that can please her more? Does it really surprise you that you get a lot of attitude when you continually act a damn fool? Step up, contribute to the relationship, and be a real partner or be satisfied with gold-digging, promiscuous, nagging women!


That is all
xxx

1 comment:

Independent Woman said...

Couldn't have said it better myself, however Ithink it applies to all races, not only black. Thanks for helping empower women of the world. My sentiments exactly.