Monday, March 26, 2007

The Aftermath


My Party was wonderful! Yes I know its been over a week since the big day, but I just got a moment to catch my breath. Last week was the beginning of the Spring class session and I've been busy teaching and promoting.

The day was great, very relaxing. Of all the things I could do, I did laundry. I actually like laundry, it smells good and its soft and wonderful(I do not like having to use the washers in the building and look forward to having my own washer/dryer in my new condo!). I find find folding it calming to my spirit, but please don't send your stuff over for folding, I have enough on my plate.

Next I got a fabulous massage. It was supposed to be and hour, but my body was so tight the therapist kept me on the table for an extra half hour! With all this dancing exercising and working hard, I guess my body was all in knots and really needed to be worked out. When I finally pulled myself off the table, (and it was hard b/c I was near sleep) I ran to the mall for a quick mani/pedi and it was off to the party!

I go to the skating rink a little late (I know, I have this thing about being on time), but got right into it. Yes that's me on the right having a blast. This was all ages skating so there were lots of young people around. They were just zipping past me, and probably laughing at the glamazon in the afro cautiously making her way around the rink, but who cares I was having fun?! Its been a while since I was on skates and can someone please tell me why the roller rink looks exactly like it did over 16 years ago when I went the last time? LOL, I mean the carpet, decor, everything is stuck in the 1980's! Nonetheless, we had fun. My friends and family came ate pizza and cake, skated, and had a great time!

Part two of the party was at the club! I love to dance, and since some people are sooo afraid of looking silly on skates, it was time to get our grown folks groove on. There was food, drinks and lots of dancing. Many of my students showed up and we showed out on the dance floor! My buddy and dance partner Rapture, was the mack for the evening. He and I love to ballroom (Detroit Style), but after he took me out on the floor for my first dance of the evening, he literally had a line of women just waiting to get a turn! I figured I didn't want to get in the way of his groove, so I busied myself playing hostess, hustling with my girls and interrogating the other men in the club about why they refused to dance. All the while Rapture was approached by groups of women. It was hilarious b/c by the time the night was over he was literally soaking wet. I finally snagged him again at the end of the night and ended the evening with a super dip! The birthday drinks flowed non-stop and so did the cash! I spent last week making some great birthday purchases (THX everyone!)

I strongly recommend having a birthday party for yourself, its lots of fun! This past weekend my sister celebrated hers and we had a ball. She rented a limo and we cruising around town. First we stopped at my aunties house for a champagne toast and cake. Next we went to the movies. Let's not forget the champagne in the limo hee hee hee! This theatre has a bar, so we watched the movie while sipping martinis! Then on to dinner! By the time we made it home we had laughed, gotten drunk, and had a great time just being together.

For the record I love my friends and am truly grateful to have all of them in my life. 31 is off the hook so far and the rest of this year is going to be magical. I think have recovered from my last two weekends of revelry and look forward to the next! Ms. Jewel, you're next!

1 comment:

Melanoma in B&W said...

Dear Afro Diva,

I am contacting you regarding a blog survey I am conducting. I am a Ph.D. candidate in Mass Communication at Penn State and my dissertation project consists of a survey that looks at bloggers’ perceived motivations for and effects of their blogging.

I am sending the survey to a number of bloggers, and I would like to invite you to participate in it as well. Participation should take approximately 15 minutes of your time. I would appreciate it tremendously if you would be willing to take the survey. If you decide to do so, please follow the link below:

http://www.personal.psu.edu/cds205/blog/signin.htm

I would be very happy to share the findings of my study with you once it is completed!

If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to contact me!

Thank you in advance,

Carmen