Tuesday, April 17, 2007

So What About Oprah?

Ms. O did a town hall today on the fall out of the Imus issue today and although its been overshadowed by the foolishness at Virginia Tech I would love to get some feedback. I know a lot of people think she is out of touch and doubted whether or not she would use her show as a platform for this topic. So now that she has what else is there to say?

Oprah gets a lot of hate from some members of the black community b/c she super successful, single and childless. Sound ridiculous I know, but sadly its true. I have had men actually say that they hate her b/c they see her as a competitor b/c she hasn't had any children! I admire Ms. O b/c she embodies excellence, style, grace, and benevolence. Despite what some say, I have yet to hear anything about her to truly make me question my respect for her. Sure she is a tough lady, and I doubt she lets anyone get away with anything, but what else do you expect. If she did anything less she wouldn't be a billionaire!!

I continue to appreciate her for doing what she does and if anyone ever questioned her "blackness" can we please just leave it alone. EVERYONE in the black community she look to her as an inspiration and example of what you can achieve no matter where you come from!

No comments: