Monday, December 04, 2006

5 Year Plan

In five years I will be 34 years old. I will be in a long-term committed relationship. I will have started my HBCU endowment foundation to improve facilities at Historically Black colleges. I will be managing my successful business empire consisting of Entertainment, Media, Events and Real Estate divisions. I will have the ability to travel the world and continue to generate wealth for myself while on extended vacation. I will be preparing to start a family and have a house or residence on three (3) different continents. I will be fluent in Spanish and working on my third language (no ebonics doesn't count). I will have at least two (2) dream vehicles that are cool to drive & look at, but that are also fuel efficent and environmentally friendly. One of my homes (also environmently friendly) will be isolated near a body of water for when I want to get away from it all and relax. - declared April 1, 2005

April 1 - 3, 2005 I took a 3-Day Real Estate Investment Seminar. This was approximately 1 month before I quit my job and decided to strike out on my own. The plan was to use the Real Estate to supplement my income while I built my Event Planning business. I got scared. FEAR is a muthaf*cker, and can really destroy your life if you let it stop you. Anyhoo, a year and a half later, I am ready to do this, so I pulled out my notes (I keep everything and take copious notes) to review and I found my "5 Year Plan" it was an exercise they had us do in the seminar to help us focus and figure out why we're doing this. My plan hasn't changed much, and I am on track! Its good to put it out here like this because I want to be held accountable to myself. So I officially give anyone who reads this the right to check me and call me out if I start losing focus.

If you don't have a 5-year plan I reccomend you you get one ASAP!

No comments: