Friday, December 22, 2006

Settling Down

I don't even like the sound of it. I had a gentlemen send me a message about how he is ready to settle down now and doesn't do the club thing anymore. He's ready to find a wife and start a family. He also said he loves to dance. So I asked him, where he plans to do his dancing, if he isn't doing the club thing anymore (I must add that dancing is one of my FAVORITE past times)?

He wrote back

"Right. I don't do the club scenes meaning that I"m not a regular. IF I go out, it's every blue moon. Never every weekend or every other weekend. It's once every 3 or 4 months......

That's how I am. I'm not missing out on anything. I don't drink or smoke so what is there left to do but dance. I'm not going to close a club down. I did that in College...I have nothing to prove anymore. I turned it out in my day.....SMILE"

I hear what he's saying, but I guess I wish it wasn't either or. He's not alone, I know a lot of people who are saying (in their early 30s) "I'm past that phase in my life. Its time to settle down. I'm not trying to meet anyone, so why go out?"

I don't ever want to settle down. I don't ever settle in life and I don't plan to ever calm down. I agree that your lifestyle has to change a bit when you get older, but I can't image not going out and just being FREE! I have never ever gone out to "meet people" its always been to just have a good time, feel some different energy, and just let loose. I guess I look at my parents and see that even at 63, my dad is still going strong. No he's not out every night, but he knows how to have a good time. When my mom was alive, they would go hanging out with each other a couple other couples for some "grown folks fun." I guess this is what people nowadays call "date nights."

I always just assumed couples made time for one another, but as I got over I found that they let their children and jobs take precedent over one another. I saw my parents in love and that's what I want too. I don't want some man who has decided to settle, I want someone who is so taken with me that he can't see spending his life with anyone else.

I want someone to dance with me, go out and have a good time with me, and build an exciting fun prosperous future with me.

I DON'T EVER PLAN TO SETTLE DOWN!

No comments: